October 03, 2012

Style Packing: Clothes For Travel

I know we've read and seen posts about packing light. There's a lot of ways on how to pack your things light for travel. Some people trim down the clothes they bring, some leave their gadgets behind, etc.

Here, I'm going to detail down the key items you may want to consider when packing for travel in and out of the country.


1. Leggings. It is one of the most important piece I carry whenever I travel. I can wear it while in transit, roaming around or even when I sleep. Here I have comfy leggings from Fila (which i initially bought for badminton purposes. lol) and you can wear when you go clubbing too. Surprise!

 This is what I wore when my friends and I went literally club hopping...from makati to the fort! Read what happened here.




2. Sarong. One of the most multi-functional piece one can ever bring when traveling. It can be used as towel, blankie, cover-up, skirt, dress, whatevs!


3. Dress. Some girls think that when you do travel, specially backpacking, you have to leave your beautiful printed dresses behind. You can actually wear dress in so many ways. Sometimes I pair my dress with my shorts/pants, wear leggings with it, layering, or wear it as is.

 
This geometric printed dress goes well with shorts too! Purchase this from Forever 21 here.



4. Cardigan. Cardigans make you feel warm. On day time, I normally wear cardis on top of tank top and pair it with shorts styling it with my sunnies or a scarf. On night, I like to pair my cardigan and tank top over leggings and heels. It's so easy to style with! Plus, you don't have to carry your heavy and big jacket to keep warm during flights or night land travels.

 
cardigans need not to be boring. who doesn't love the studs on this topshop cardi?



5. Boyfriend Shirt (or could be any oversized shirt). I love wearing men's shirts during my dress down days. I love how comfy men's shirts are! I usually wear them during sleep time or pair it with jeans shorts and you're good to go. Don't forget your sneaks and sunnies!

Photo from stylebust.com


While these five pieces share different functions and styles on your travel wardrobe. Don't forget the top 3 factors in packing for travels: Location, Weather, Size and Weight. These three will definitely help you finding pieces you can bring with you!

Happy travelling!





Follow my other How To's here and my Style Packing series here.

2 comments:

  1. How very helpful! Thanks for posting. Will remember this when it's time to travel again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...