November 04, 2012

How To: Hand painted shorts


DIY stressed shorts
Stressed Shorts

It was one of those boring weekend, while I'm fixing my closet, when i saw my light jeans shorts. It is so boring that I decided to give it a stressed feel. After which, I felt that there's still something missing. I think that stressing the shorts is not enough. So I went out and bought some textile paints. I'm decorating the shorts. hah! 




What you'll need:

  • Old shorts (works best with jeans)
  • Textile Paint (whatever color you want. I used purple, red, white)
  • Sponges (I used old cosmetic sponges)
  • Cotton bonds (for painting some lines)

Actual Steps:

There's actually no rules in doing this. Just paint the shorts in any way you like it. While for me, I applied the purple paints first. I covered the shorts with purple paints using the sponge. Then lightly layered it over a red paint. I grabbed the cotton buds and put some lines and dots of white paint. Then let the paint dry. Before using the shorts, wash them then sun-dry them again. 

Hand painted shorts
This paint somehow reminds me of spring, flowers, Paris. hahaha.

Try it one time and use your creativity. You can also do it with black shorts and do a galaxy inspired paint. It's fun! :)

2 comments:

  1. I like the finished product! I will wait for your Why do I wear make up post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sis. I'm already working on that. can't wait to publish it hahaha :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...