January 13, 2013

Hanoi City Walking Tour


Walking tour in a Cyclo? Hahaha

I ain't going to show you how to tour Hanoi while riding a cyclo, rather, I'll show you how to do a walking tour around Hoan Kiem District. It will take you around a day to complete this tour...or not, if you cheat by taking a taxi, cyclo, or whatevs. I did a walking tour by myself the last time I was in Hanoi. It was tiring but fulfilling specially if you found an interesting place that isn't included in the map. Success!



Let's start:

1st Stop: Hoan Kiem Lake

You may wanna start your tour around Hoan Kiem Lake in the morning. Watch people do their morning routine and if you want, you may join those ladies who were doing tai-chi or dance lessons around the lake. I did some ballroom dancing with the old ladies and it was super fun! You gotta do something crazy sometimes. :) 



2nd Stop: Ngoc Son Temple
While at it, visit the Ngoc Son Temple that lies in a little island at the northern part of the lake. For 20,000 Dong entrance fee, you may go around this tiny place, take pictures, say your prayers, or just chillax. The temple is open from 8:00am to 5:00pm daily.



3rd Stop: Old Quarter
You may skip this stop if you are staying already around old quarter. If not, go ahead and buy do a little shopping. Little means little, put in mind that you're just starting your walking tour and there's still a lot of things to see. 



4th Stop: Hanoi Flag Tower and Army Museum
When I went to army museum it was closed. I dunno why but they wont let me in, considering there's few tourists inside. But it didn't bothered me and I continued walking when I saw the flag tower. I snapped this photo along the streets. 




5th Stop: Thang Long Citadel 
Few steps from the army tower, you can find the Thang Long Citadel. There's no entrance fee to this place. It's quite a big area where I found few couples doing their pre-nups and students taking pictures and just chillax-ing around this place.


6th Stop: Ho Chi Minh Museum
Again, it was closed when I was there but it didn't bothered me since I wasn't so keen to see Ho Chi Minh's freezing body. Hahaha. The grounds near the museum reminds me of Luneta or Quirino Grandstand. Quite a huge street. 


The closed Ho Chi Minh Museum

I love this photo because it doesn't look like it's a place in Asia in some sort.


7th Stop: One Pillar Pagoda
This is along chua mot cot street, I guess, and near to Ho Chi Minh Museum. Its hard to take a photo of this one pillar pagoda since theres a lot of tourists the time I was there. You may also say your prayer inside but since I'm quite tired and distracted by the noise (I hate when there's a lot of people talk at the same time) I left immediately after snapping few shots.



Last Stop: Temple of Literature
For a 40,000 dong entrance fee, you may now see one of the most talked about spots in Hanoi. Temple of Literature is full of character. Though it kinda bores me a bit, I only spent few minutes in here, I still appreciate it's beauty. 

It was tiring but it was soo fun plus since I did the tour by myself, I can stop, eat, walk, and take pictures whenever I like. Try this little guide and tell me how it went :)




Have you ever tried a walking tour? How was it?

6 comments:

  1. Hanoi looks fun, I never though there would be so much to do there that why we skipped it for HCM instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How's HCM sis? Haven't been to HCM but I have plans to visit it this year :)

      Delete
  2. I love walking tours and Hanoi looks so romantic! I should plan a trip there after my wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. congrats and best wishes to your wedding sis!

      Delete
  3. hello, this blogger stole your photos
    http://eeverywomen.blogspot.sk/2013/08/holiday-hanoi-city.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...