November 13, 2012

Why do I wear make-up?


50% of my make-up stash

If you've known me for a long time, you also know my unending love for make-ups. It just started with one red lippie which my sister gave me and then it grew until I don't know where to put them anymore. Then I reached the peak.  I trimmed my stash. I gave them away to friends and relatives or threw some of them. It felt good.


When did you begin loving makeup?

I've always been the "girly-girl" ever. I'll be the first one who'll have that pink bag, pink shoes, pink dress, everything pink. When i was a little girl, I'll always look at my mom on how she get ready for work every morning. I'll always wear her stilettos and go dive into her closet while wearing that red lipstick.

I remember, my mom never fails to wear lipstick even if she's only at home doing chores. She said it's a must. One should never be caught ugly even if you're just spending the weekend at home. One should always look good. Smell good. Feel good. As I grew up, that thought remained to me.

So when did I begin loving makeup? Since I was little, 6 to 7 years old. The only thing I could wear back then is a lippie and messy eyeshadow.

When did I begin wearing makeup (full)? To be honest, I can't remember. I would say around college (since I'm quite a gamine teen when I was in high school) or maybe when I already started working.


How do you feel without makeup?

Okay. With or without makeup, it's okay. I'm okay. I don't feel bad, disappointed or something. Going out without any make-up on doesn't bother me anymore. But if I'll answer this 5 years ago, definitely, my answer will be "Sad. I can't go out without makeup". Now, I can go to work, out with friends, and do errands without any makeup on. Okay, maybe a lipstick. :)


What do you like about makeup?

Makeup, for me, brings different kind of happiness. It gives me that comfort and confidence. When I'm down, having a rough time, or just cried my heart out...I'll wear make-up. Instantly, it will brighten up my mood and brings back my smile again. Maybe because of what mom said is stored in my mind.

Makeup is also my form of art. No, I don't draw. I can't draw. I can't paint. But I can do make-up. I believe that doing makeup is my hidden and most precious talent. Lol.



"Holy Grail" Items?


Jeez! This is hard! Not because I have a lot of HG. Because I only have three HG materials. :)


Revlon Photo Ready Concealer - this is a newly found HG concealer. It's stick cream form concealer that you can use with or without setting powder. Does good job in concealing stubborn dark circles.
 
Clinique High Impact Mascara - My "everyday" go to mascara. Does magic to my thin and sparse lashes.

MAC mineralized blush in Nuance - the most natural looking blush I ever own. I love that it give me that natural glow I've always wanted to achieve.


______________________________
This post is from sis twinkoolet (thanks sis for letting me do  this :D ). And I'm tagging all of you to do this post too! :)



Why do you wear make-up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...