November 17, 2012

You Are Sexy! (no matter what your waistline is)


credit to photo owner

So there's the pants you absolutely adore but only available for small size? You're going to the beach! But you are hesitant to wear a bikini? You want to wear your new clubbing dress but it accentuate your big thighs so you chose to wear your slouchy pants instead?

Deprived? Insecure? Worried? Embarrased?

Don't be! You have every right to wear want you want, do what you like, eat and drink till you pass out, and to party as long as you can!

Life wasn't made only for 24 inches waistline, so why restrain your self?





Inception

Believe me. I've been there. Oh wait, I'm still there (talking about waistline that is higher than my age). But it was in the past when I also drowned myself in tears when people tease me. I was born as a chubby chick. When I was young, my cousins (mostly boys) would tease me and call me as "Babe, pig in the city" until I cry.  It hurts.

Though whenever I started crying, they'll buy me an ice cream or any food. Then everything turns back to normal again (bribery at a very young age!). It's okay and I don't hate them. They are my cousins. They just do that because they love me (as what mom said back then) and I love them back.



credit photo


Bipolar

When I started going to school (i.e, preparatory), I was one of those cute butterballs. As a little fat girl wearing school uniform with ponytails, people thought I was a doll, pinching my big fat cheeks whenever I smile.

Then when I started studying elementary, my size decreased gradually. It remained like that until two years after I finished college. Back then, size 25 is my biggest! I can buy any clothes I like without trying them on. Shopping was a breeze.



On gaining weight

Two years work and three jobs after, I started gaining weight, unintentionally. As far as I remember, I joined gym services back then. It's not as if I needed to lose weight, but I was encouraged by friends to join. I thought my body fought back badly the sudden change of my activities, so I stopped. But it didn't went back to what it used to be.

From time to time, I'll gain few pounds. Even if I'll go on diet, play sports, or tried to go back to gym. The extra pounds can't be shed. I guess my body found a new normal.



Acceptance

It took a while for me to realize that my new size will stay with me for long. As expected, as I gained weight, I also gained negative feedback from people. "What  happened?!", "You're so fat!", "You look different!" and the most common comment was "Are you pregnant?!"

As I grow old, I was able to accept the truth without any hesitations or whatsoever. I changed my wardrobe...giving it a total makeover. I threw or gave away any clothes that is smaller than my new size. I used to keep my (size) 25's since I thought I can still fit into them after few months. But I braced the truth with all my heart and gave them away.

Instead of wearing skirts and dresses, I now prefer wearing pants/leggings and cardis/longsleeves. They are comfy and works very good in hiding my flabby arms and legs. lol.  Don't get me wrong. It's not that I want to hide them, I think I just found my new comfort clothes.



photo credit



The truth

No matter what your waistline is, you are sexy! Being sexy doesn't necessarily mean that you have be a size 0. Just don't forget to smile and show confidence and you'll be okay. Don't listen to those people who says bad things about you, just smile at them and watch them go crazy. lol.

But of course, don't forget the basics. Keep proper hygiene, be confident, stand straight, wear appropriate clothes, and of course, being humble and nice makes someone more sexy!




Stand up and be proud girl! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...