February 17, 2013

Sensitive Skin Care Routine

sensitive skin care routine


So how would care for a sensitive, acne-prone, with mild type-2 rosacea badass skin? Read on how I try to fight this battle.



I have a really sensitive skin (which is hereditary...my sister got it too!) to start with. But since I discovered I have mild rosacea, I stopped using foundation. I figured that heavy foundations marks my tiny rashes that makes it appear bigger instead of concealing them. Also, I immediately changed my skin care products (if there's any). Don't get me wrong but I was the type of girl who likes make-up so much but doesn't care much with skin care. Guilty as charged!

If you've been reading this blog since, I haven't even talked about my skin care routine in the past since I don't have any! I only use cetaphil cleanser and olay moisturizer (which I don't use regularly) before. I figured that maybe this habit of neglecting skin care triggered my rosacea. Since then, I started investing with better skin care items.


Cleansers

Shu Uemura cleansing oil, Cetaphil Gentle cleanser, Clinique facial liquid soap
I do use Shu Uemura cleasning oil to remove my eye make-up. After using, my face feels so soft and smooth. Cetaphil has been a staple in our bathroom. Love this product!


Moisturizers

L'oreal hydrafresh, Clinique DDMG, Physiogel AI cream

Physiogel AI cream is my night cream! It's so rich that makes your face so soft. There's a bit of glowing and brightening effect that it gives to your face. For daytime, I do use my cetaphil moisturizer.

Eye cream

I forgot to take a photo but I do use Clinique's eye cream.


Masks


Few months ago (or should I say, years ago), there's a big hype for Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. It does magic in healing pimples and shrinking enlarged pores. I had this for a year now, I think, and I'm still not done with it. I use this twice a week.

Others

serums

morrocan argan oil | vichy eau thermal mist | clinique eye cream

As you can see, I trimmed my skin care routine to the simplest way as possible. Though I'm still looking for other HG's, these products helped a lot to having a better skin. Though I know that my sensitive skin can't be changed (it's in the genes), I'm really trying my best to keep my face as soft and smooth as possible.

Side Note: For serious/major rosacea skin disease, there's a line from VMV Hypoallergenics called "Red Better" that aims to reduce redness. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bee! I gave you a Liebster award :D It's right here: http://www.maitaatienza.com/1/post/2013/02/liebster-fever.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girl for tagging me!!! much appreciated. I'm still in the process of writing this entry. Hope it will be up soon. hugs!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...