October 02, 2011

Style Packing: Shoes for Out of Town

Aside from make-up, shoes takes so much space in my luggage whenever i pack (next to clothes, of course). I tend to bring heels or platforms (mostly for clubbing...ayiee!) whenever i go out of the country. It is a major headache. 

I know every style packer goes through a lot of pain in choosing  not only what clothes to wear but also when it comes to shoes. So I thought of posting these tips to help you gals and guys who are style packer too! :)

1. Check your itinerary. This tip goes out with shoes as well. If you're scheduled to visit theme park, museums, tour around the city, go to the beach, or any activity that requires you to walk a lot, you may want to ditch your killer heels or platforms for this trip. I'm sure you don't want to kill your toes and ignore tip no. 4. 

2. Weather forecast. Weather is also important. Same with clothes, you want to wear shoes appropriately. Leave your boots at home if it is sunny. Let your feet breathe. In this case, you are saving your feet from fungal infections and you're shoes-ed (!) appropriately.


3. Versatility. Whenever I style pack, I always make sure that my shoes are so versatile that it can match in some (if not all) of the clothes that I'll bring. In this case, shoes in neutral colors are your safe bet.

Photo Credit: amazon.com
4. Comfort. Every travelers' priority in packing for trip is comfort. Even when I'm not traveling far, comfort is still my top priority in picking shoes to wear. I bet you don't want bloody feet or dead toes. If you're going to  theme park, your sneaks or flats are good choices. For city tour or sight seeing, flat strappy sandals is a chic bet. Wedges are also on top of my list. It is comfortable and versatile that you can wear it in day time or night out.

Here's Katie Holmes with Suri on a beach. See how the sand is eating Katie's shoes? I can feel that she had a hard time walking with that. Photo Credit: bettyfekker
5. Size and weight. I'm so into lightweight shoes these days. Even my wedge is so light that I can run with them without killing my toes. Easy to carry shoes are so in for traveling. Shoe manufacturers makes flats that you can fold if your not going to wear them. Surprisingly, they can fit into your purse and saves space in your luggage! They are so handy and stylish too!

Photo Credit: Foldableshoes.info

So there, hope this post helped you.

Goodluck!

4 comments:

  1. A good sense of style always mean wearing something fit for the occasion ^_^ And heels are not definitely for the beach. But the mother and daughter really do look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog sis! It inspired me to blog more. I'm from GT and just followed you. Check mine if you are free :) Good luck to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great tips! this is very useful when i do my packing..

    I'm following you from GT too!

    i have an award for you at my blog! http://thejaggedbarn.blogspot.com/2011/10/sunshine-award-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good tips. We really should learn how to pack light. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...